PageMaps: 12 days of ornaments: day 12

Saturday, December 22, 2012

12 days of ornaments: day 12

Woot, you made it to the finish line! I saved my most favorite ornament for last, as I think it would work great on cards, layouts and other projects, too!



You'll need cardstock, patterned paper, JOY letter stickers, pennant dies (Spellbinders) or a pennant paper punch, small jingle bells, twine, pop dots, a holly punch and red half pearls.

  1. Die cut three scalloped pennants from patterned paper. Die cut three straight edged pennants, smaller than the scalloped pennant, from cardstock. Mat each one onto a contrasting piece of cardstock and trim around the edge.
  2. Layer the small pennant onto the large one using a foam dot.
  3. Add the JOY letter tickers to the center of each layered pennant.
  4. Trim a length of twine (I used waxed twine) a bit longer than the length of all three pennants.
  5. String four small jingle bells onto the twine.
  6. Turn the pennants over to the backside and arrange them in order. Place a small amount of glue along the top edge of each one.
  7. Lay the waxed linen string onto the pennants, with a bell in between each one. Set it aside to dry.
That's it! I made a bunch for my tree that spell out a number of different sentiments, and clipped them onto two branches using small clothespins. They look so cute!

Stop by tomorrow for a final surprise to wrap up this holiday season. :)

Becky

11 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed all the instructions for the 12 Days of Ornaments, can't wait to get started making them, for next year! Thanks for all the posts!

    Looking forward to the surprise tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of spelling out a word and then pinning it to the tree. Super! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea to spell out words to be clipped on to your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect deco for the upcoming festivites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the superbly written instructions for all 12 days of ornaments. I think this one is my favorite, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing with us your great ornaments...I will definitely be making a few!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun banner and a great idea to clip it on a tree! Thanks so much for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling! I just used up these JOY stickers yesterday on a card I made. I just may need another sheet of these stickers, and for anyone who wants to know what they are to get a sheet for yourself - they are Simple Stories new Christmas line - ADORABLE stuff!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, Becky....love the papers you used here! Thanks again for 12 days of awesome ideas and tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the inspiration I have copied some of your pictures so I can make these next year. Happy holidays. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable. I do believe I am going to borrow this and put my own twist on it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete