You'll need one glass ornament, pre-printed transparency, patterned paper, snowflake dies, half pearls, buttons, twine, ric rac, word sticker, chunky clitter, tweezers and a holly leaf punch.
- Measure the circumfrence (the widest point of the ornament). If you don't have a fabric tape measure, wrap a piece of yarn or ribbon around the widest part of the ornament, then measure the yarn.
- Remove the cap from the ornament and pour a couple of tablespoons of chunky glitter into it.
- Die cut or hand cut a circle from a piece of printed transparency the same diamater is the measurement you took in step 1.
- Die cut one transparency snowflake (large) and two patterned paper snowflakes (medium and small). Layer them together with a dab of glue in the center. add a few red half pearls to the snowflakes as shown. Glue the assembled snowflake to the center of the transparency circle.
- Carefully roll the entire piece into a tube and slide it into the ornament. The design will pop back open inside the ornament. With tweezer's, rotate the circle until it is firmly planted into the glitter and standing in a direction you are happy with. Replace the ornament cap.
- Glue a piece of red ric rac around the ornament cap.
- Apply baby powder to a word sticker, punch a small hole in one end, and slide it onto one of the twine tails.
- Trim two lengths of white twine and tie them around the top of the ornament cap into a bow. Slide a couple of small buttons onto two of the twine tails, knotting them in between. Sandwich two red half pearls onto the ends of the twine.
- Punch out a holly leaf and add it to the word sticker as shown, along with a small, red pearl.
Speaking of a big surprise, have you been keeping up with the SCT 12 Days of Holiday Giving? In addition to all of those incredible give-aways, there is a big surprise in store there, too! Check it out.
See you tomorrow,