Today's ornament(s) is another super easy set of altered wooden spools. I got my spools at a garage sale, but you can also get them at the craft store in the wood aisle.
You'll need three sizes of wooden spools, patterned paper, circle punches, button, pearls, gems, star pin, twine, a tiny jingle bell and a snowflake punch.
- Cover the main body of your large and medium spools with patterned paper. Wrap a length of twine around the smallest spool, slide on a small jingle bell and tie off the tail in a knot.
- Measure the diameter of the tops of each spool and punch/cut circles slightly smaller. Cover the top of each spool with the patterned circles.
- On the large spool, slide a star pin into the center.
- On the medium spool, punch out snowflake circles and glue them around the center of the spool. Add a gem in the center of each snowflake. Punch out a small paper snowflake and glue it to the top of the spool. Add a gem to the center.
- On the small spool, glue a button to the top and cover the button holes with pearl gems.
Don't forget to stop by SCT's blog for your chance to win another amazing prize!
See you tomorrow!