You'll need a styrofoam ball, patterned paper, half pearls, a leaf punch, buttons, white twine, jump rings, red ball pins and red binding tape.
- Begin by painting the styrofoam ball with red acrylic paint and set it aside to dry.
- The flowers were created using a PageMaps flower swirl die from the Whimsy set. If you do not have this die, you can create your own swirl (cup) flowers. Cut 20-24 2" circles from patterned paper and cut a swirl into each one. Scallop the outer edge of each spiral.
- Twist the spiral together to form a cup and glue the end on the back. Place a large half pearl in the center of each flower.
- Glue the flowers onto the styrofoam ball, overlapping the outer petals.
- Cut a 6" length of white twine. Tie each end onto a jump ring. Slide a gem and small button onto each jump ring and close. Fold the twine in half and pin it to the top of the ball.
- Create a loopy bow with 12-15" of red binding tape. Pin it to the top of the ball using red ball pins. Tuck die cut leaves around the pins as shown.
There are just a few days left in SCT's 12 Days of Holiday Giving so be sure to pop over there for your chance to win some incredible (and I do mean INCREDIBLE) prizes!
See you tomorrow,