PageMaps: we interrupt this program ...

Monday, April 23, 2012

we interrupt this program ...

I have been an avid reader since I was a kid. My mom used to send me off to school on Friday morning with a blank check (gasp!) because that was the day the Book Mobile came to our school. Whoa, did I just date myself or what? Although I spend more timing reading books electronically now, there is nothing better than cracking open a brand new book from Barnes & Noble ... the smell of the ink, the crispness of the paper ... nirvana packed into hundreds of pages. So what does any of this have to do with scrapbooking, you ask?

I have a dear scrapbooking friend who is loaded with papercrafting talent. She's a busy mom, a devoted wife, a keeper of all things sacred, and bakes a mean chocolate chip cookie. Where in her busy life she found time to write a novel is beyond me. But she did. And it is one of the most beautiful, captivating, well-written stories of hearts that are lost and found again, relationships that are restored and hurts that are mended, all interconnected by a scrapbook.

Truly, this book captured me. And that's saying a lot from someone who is a diehard Dean Koonz abnd James Patterson reader.

Stop by the blog tomorrow, where my friend and I will be hosting a dual sketch contest, where the prize will be a copy of her extraordinary book (and a scrappy one she wrote, too!), along with a copy of Scrapbook PageMaps 2 and some BasicGrey wonderfulness.

See you tomorrow!

Becky

14 comments:

  1. How great! COngrats to her! I am a book girl. I like to touch the pages, put a random receipt or something to mark my place, etc... DH mentioned getting me a Nook-like thing for Christmas, but I like to flip the pages the "old" way! I'll be back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to part two tomorrow......

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and did you know that today was World Book Night? (Google it, I am not making this up!) I am planning on taking the kids to B&N to celebrate! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Kudos to your friend.
    I love books. Have done since I was 5.
    I now have a Kindle for reading in bed and when travelling but still buy and read "proper" books.
    Looking forward to part 2 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I love new books and there are times when e-books just won't cut it! Looking forward to seeing the new book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am an avid reader and look forward to reading this book. I've seen it mentioned elsewhere and I really hope I can get a kindle edition. I have a library in my house FULL of books and basically ran out of room for hardback books. I got my first kindle 2years ago and never looked back! I still read a hardback book occasionally, but not very often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah!! I read this and it was great!! CAn't wait to see what is planned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, nice. I will be back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our footwear is one of the many considerations that we do every day especially when we try to walk out of the house and do something or even when we stay at our own homes. Adidas Angry Birds. Consists of 3 pieces - a roller for kneading and rolling the fresh pasta to the desired thickness, a fettucine cutter to make strands of medium breadth, and a linguini fine cutter for still thinner noodles. Adidas Hybrid Type-R Mesh Shoes Black Orange Men Shoes. The best chairs contribute to the impression you are trying to convey in your design. When you take a close look at this elegant duvet set, you can actually see gorgeous floral patterns, much like that of the Indian art. Adidas Jeremy Scott 2.0. Adidas Running Shoes. It is often said that success has many fathers, while failure is an orphan. Adidas Hybrid Type-R Mesh Shoes Black Orange Men Shoes. A gift is something that is kept forever, no matter how expensive or cheap it is. Adidas Hybrid Type-R Mesh Shoes Black Orange Men Shoes. Some people love to listen to music, some love to watch movies and some prefer to play games. But their usability is not limited to beds only. Adidas JS Leopard Shoes. Also, if you are going to be putting the food that you are taking with you in Tupperware containers then you will want to make sure that you have room in the bag that you are going to use to accompany them. These skins instantly change the look.


    Article Source: http://www.adidasonlineshoes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there Pam,Buy RS Gold Let me hold back until no more these days (Friday, Apr 27), then I'm going to pass along the actual Sizzlets to Vicki previous to I'm going out ofGW2 Gold town. Thanks for being familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This closet isDiablo 3 Itemssimply too promising small to pound each of our Requirements along with the billfold? Footwear is too costly. Simply no guys, it'sGW2 Gold not we acquire high priced shoes or boots

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is a superb opportunity you already have SP1 installed office for mac 2011 product key, particularly when your computer is ready to immediately windows 7 ultimate product key obtain updates from Microsoft.

    ReplyDelete